Mike, who is a Solicitor with extensive experience in dealing with a broad range of legal matters, joined the Commercial Property department at Brooks & Partners in March 2018.
Mike has been in the legal industry for over 7 years having qualified at a leading law firm in the South West before moving to a dedicated cost firm based in London, where he specialised in complex high-value professional negligence and international commercial litigation.
Mike is currently studying to become a member of The Chartered Institute of Taxation to offer his clients a more commercially-minded approach.
Mike's areas of practice include:
- Commercial Property (Freehold & Leasehold)
- Options, conditional contracts and planning advice
- Renewals of business tenancies/leases of business premises
- Acquisitions and sales of unincorporated businesses
- Developers’ site acquisitions and re-sales
- Lease Extensions and Leasehold Enfranchisement - see below ***
- Commercial and general taxation matters.
Mike is also experienced in Will Writing and assists the Wills department in drafting Wills and Lasting Powers of Attorney.
Outside of work, Mike enjoys spending time with his family, watching football and attending the gym.
*** Mike is also an approved member of the ALEP (Association of Leasehold Enfranchisement Practitioners) and can provide expert advice on Lease Extension and Leasehold Enfranchisement claims.