Mike, who is a Solicitor with extensive experience in dealing with a broad range of legal matters, joined the Commercial Property department at Brooks & Partners in March 2018.
Mike has been in the legal industry for over 7 years having qualified at a leading law firm in the South West before moving to a dedicated cost firm based in London, where he specialised in complex high-value professional negligence and international commercial litigation.
Mike is currently studying to become a member of The Chartered Institute of Taxation to offer his clients a more commercially-minded approach.
Mike's areas of practice include:
- Commercial Property (Freehold & Leasehold)
- Options, conditional contracts and planning advice
- Renewals of business tenancies/leases of business premises
- Acquisitions and sales of unincorporated businesses
- Developers’ site acquisitions and re-sales
- Lease Extensions and Leasehold Enfranchisement - see below ***
- Commercial and general taxation matters.
Outside of work, Mike enjoys spending time with his family, watching football and attending the gym.
*** Mike is also an approved member of the ALEP (Association of Leasehold Enfranchisment Practitioners) and can provide expert advice on Lease Extension and Leasehold Enfranchisement claims.